I’ve just moved to this space, so I’ll be republishing a few articles from my old blog.
Lhinn had been (im)patiently waiting for the Steed of the Citadel to show up in the store, so she could let Calista get all gussied up with the War-steed appearance. When it appeared in the store last week, she let out a whoop and ran to the vault.
Surprisingly, the week before I had already created a perfect matching outfit, in preparation for an upcoming Ales & Tales water themed show. I love how the Citadel tack dyes, every color looks good with the black base and it’s very easy to match a cosmetic outfit to the appearance.
The slightly winged look of the front of the Citadel caparison compliments the wing look of the headpiece, cloak and leggings that I paired with the Quilted Shirt of Determination. I have had this shirt in my vault for a long time with no inspiration to wear it, until I found these leggings in to ‘set it off.’
The detailing on the piece is beautiful and the beachy look, along with the scaled look of the Lesser Leggings of Dúngarthadir, made me think of a cross between a dragonfly and a mermaid. Gold, silver and sea blue dye blend well and create a cohesive look throughout all of the pieces. The outfit looks quite nice with or without the shoulders and/or cloak. This makes it a versatile look, depending on the weather.
Lhinn truly feels as if she is ‘flying’ through the air, when racing Calista across the fields in this outfit!
Character’s Cosmetic Outfit
- Head: Memory of the West Hat Dye: Sea Blue Found: bought from Thelawen, the Heroes’ Quartermasters found near Harndirion in Enedwaith. Cost: 1 Western Heroes’ Steel Helmet Medallion
- Back: Cloak of the Dragonfly Dye: Sea Blue Found: LOTRO Store Cosmetics
- Shoulders: The Beast-Keeper’s Shoulder Pads Dye: Sea Blue Found: Angwun, the Lore-master Trainer found at the Ox-clan Merchant Camp Cost: 823 Medallions + 39 Seals
- Hands: Dunland Caretaker’s Patched Bracers Dye: Sea Blue Found: Selectable reward for level 70 Dunland quest ‘To Lhan Colvarn’
- Upper Body: Quilted Vest of Determination Dye: Default (or white) Found: I’m not sure where this came form, as the stats do not match any of the ones i’ve found on the wiki (407 armor +15 will minimum level 47). This level 16 quest reward should be the same appearance.
- Lower Body: Lesser Leggings of Dúngarthadir Dye: Sea Blue Found: Beleglaer – the Novices’ Quartermaster found near Harndirion in Enedwaith. Cost 478 Marks + 173 Medallions.
- Feet: Gwern-Lhopan Dye: Sea Blue Found: Guardian Dunland Armor Set
- Accessories: none Dye: n/a Found: n/a
Warsteed’s Cosmetic Outfit
- War-steed Appearance: Steed of the Citadel Dye: Sea Blue Found: store
- Hide: Shaggy Roan War-Steed Dye: Sea Blue Found: store
- Tail: Simple Tail Dye: Sooty Found: default